PowerCutsIN Promotion and Supporters
From ICTD Asia Wiki
Join the Discussion list for conversation or posting your queries. Google Group - http://groups.google.com/group/PowerCutsIN
News & feed Section
- We have a News Feed section on the site http://powercuts.in/feeds - you can help by promoting the news item from this feed onto your twitter/facebook stream with link to @PowerCutIN or the website http://powercuts.in or its Facebook page.
- Similarly, you can post your reactions to an individual report as "Comments" below it using Facebook or just comment. For e.g. you notice a report in your nearby area, you can react to it or attest/confirm that yes there are power cuts or if you feel its a false report, you can report that as comments too.
- If you host a site or have a blog, you can post a button/banner/widget of http://powercuts.in on your site to show support. (Planned, will be available when ready)
- Share the link http://fmi.me/power or http://powercuts.in with your friends.
- Follow @PowerCutsIN on Twitter and ask your friends to follow too.
- Like on Facebook PowerCutsInIndia and share.
Help Manage Social Media Presence
- Help us manage Facebook, Twitter accounts by posting updates using our account. Ping on list in case you are interested.
- Bloggers? We are planning to do weekly posts on issues around Power Cuts on the PowerCuts.IN Blog.
Shoot a Video/Audio
- Have a mobile camera? Why not shoot a video of yourself or anyone you come across who wants to have a say about the Power problem in their locality and send it to us? Just shoot the video/ upload it to YouTube or Vimeo - create a report on the website mentioning the video link in it.
Travel to Villages?
- Do you travel to remote places across India? Why not stop for a moment talk to people and record or write their problems and send it to us?
- Even though if you don't travel in villages - even in cities you can do it. For e.g. why not go ask a person living in the slums as, how can electricity help his/her family? or something similar.